Pages

Open Source Replacement for Borland Delphi

As a student of Mathematics Department in State University of Malang, I must confront with Borland Delphi programe for the Basic Computer Programming lecture. It's not my way, because I know that Delphi is a proprietary software, and it isn't free. So, I decide to see other alternatives that Open Source World offer.
Then, I came with Lazarus. A free pascal IDE and RAD tools. Everyone that used to play with Delphi before, will feel comfortable using this software. It's truly a better replacement for Delphi.
But, I think it's still lack of Help and Documentation. And for beginner like me, it's hard to learn something from only the IDE itself. I must collect many source from other place to complete my knowledge about Object Pascal. More over, It's harder to find pascal and delphi documentations compared with Perl and Python.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment